- Traditional Czech Meat Lunch Loaf for Easter. Very good.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:2 9x13 inch pans
- 2 cups (475 ml) or 1 lb (.5 kg). beef
- 2 cups (475 ml) or 1 lb (.5 kg). pork
- 2 cups (475 ml) or 1 lb (.5 kg). veal
- 4 cups (950 ml) or 2 lbs (.9 kg). smoked ham
- 8 slices dry bread
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) onion tops or chives, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, mashed into a paste with salt
- 12 eggs, beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bouillon or onion soup mix
- Cook the meats and cut the meat into small cubes.
- Precook the ham in a separate kettle.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Soak the 8 slices of dry bread in the broth or water and add to the meat.
- Add minced onion tops or chives, garlic and salt, and eggs together.
- Then add 1/2 cup (125 ml) of bouillon or onoin soup mix, and mix all together well.
- Season anyway you want to taste. (We like to add a bit of sugar and red chiles)
- Bake in well greased 9 x 13 inch cake pan at 300 degrees (150 C.) for 1 to 2 hours.
- This is for traditional Czech Easter Meals.