- This is the recipe for cole slaw made by the pioneers of the Dakotas. No oil or mayonnaise.
- S. Chokel
- 1 young head green cabbage
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cider vinegar
- Optional additions:
- chopped sweet peppers
- chopped fresh dug small onions
- chopped apples
- Beat cream, sugar, vinegar and salt together thoroughly until the dressing is like whipped cream.
- Discard the outer leaves of cabbage and shred the rest finely.
- Combine with the dressing just before you serve it.