- Perfect tradtional Mustard Sauce to serve with ham or any vegetable, cheese, or roasted meat.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:About 3 cups
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dry mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) cream or half and half
- 6 beaten egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vinegar
- In a double boiler, mix sugar, mustard, salt and cream.
- Add SLOWLY; 6 egg yolks and vinegar.
- Cook in double boiler until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- If needed, thin mixture by adding a little more vinegar, or thicken by adding corn starch.
- Serve sauce hot.
- Can be re-heated to use later with success!
- For a wonderful after Easter or Christmas Ham luncheon, toast specialy breads, butter them, lay warm slices of ham and a thin slice or two of cheese, then drizzle hot mustard sauce over the top and sprinkle with paprika.