- Perfect accompaniment to most meals as a salad or even a good side dish. Light and flavorful.
- S. Chokel
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fresh white mushrooms (regular button mushrooms)
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, crushed, and chopped
- Wash and dry mushrooms and cut into thin slices.
- Put mushrooms in a bowl; drizzle with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Add oil and toss lightly.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and garlic.
- I like to make this and serve it inside pita pockets with romaine, swiss cheese, and tomatoes or whatever vegetables I feel like for a wonderful luncheon sandwich. A glass of chardonnay and laze the rest of the day away!