- Made with evaporated milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) dry mustard
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cider vinegar or a little less
- Blend dry ingredients in bowl or jar, mashing out all mustard lumps.
- Add evaporated milk and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Slowly stir in vinegar.
- Cover and let stand in warm place or on kitchen counter until thickened and creamy.
- From Community Suppers and Other Glorious Repasts, Jeanne Voltz, Woman's Day 1987 which asked for 1 t dry mustard and 2 T sugar.