- Terri Mckibbon
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lean hamburger
- 1 packet club house mexican or spicy mexican chile
- 2 19 oz (532 grm). cans mexican tomatoes, spicy
- 2 medium onions, diced
- mushrooms, optional
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). mexican chili powder
- 1 dash chili flakes
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). salt and pepper
- 1 19 oz (532 grm). can kidney beans, drained
- 1 48 oz (1344 grm). can pork and beans-remove pork
- Combine all ingredients except beans into a large slow cooking crockpot and stir.
- Taste for spice, add more if needed.
- Put beans in 1 hour before cooking is done.
- Cooking time for chili takes 7 hours.
- Stir sometimes.
- This recipe also tastes great if you leave it covered in fridge over night, heat and serve.
I have won many chili cook offs with this recipe so enjoy.