Serves/Makes:1 lb. loaf
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) bread flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) instant potato flakes
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). yeast
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) wheat gluten (if available - find in health food section)
- Place all ingredients in bread pan.
- Select Light crust, shole wheat cycle.
- Press start.
- A book that I got when I first got my bread machine is Bread Machine Magic by Linda Rehberg and Lois Conway. I have enjoyed all of the many recipes I have tried from this book. Also you might check out your local library for other titles. Also check out www.kingarthurflour.com. They also have a GREAT recipe on their bread flour package. Enjoy!