- Chocolate and Waffles.. hmmm.. both good, together, HEAVEN! Is there anymore to say? Easy to make too!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:6 or more small waffles
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 3 tsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) cocoa
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, melted
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- toasted almonds, optional
- whipped cream, optional
- chocolate/fudge sauce
- Sift dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the wet ingrdients, omitting the egg whites, and blend into the dry ingredients.
- Carefully fold in the egg whites to the combined mixture keeping as much of the air as possible to ensure light tender waffles.
- Bake in a hot prepared or teflon/stick proof hot waffle iron.
- Serve as you like! We like ours with chopped toasted almonds, whipped cream and a nice drizzle of hot fudgey chocolate sauce.
- Mother's Day Treat! Or the perfect breakfast for chocolate lovers! Try this as a dessert for families, teenagers especially love these!