Chicken Breast With Tarragon Cream Sauce
- Terri Mckibbon
- 4 boneless,skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tsp (10 ml). extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry vermouth or dry white wine
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) to 3 tbsp (45 ml) fresh French tarragon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). fresh squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked buttered egg noodles
- Sseason both sides of chicken and brown each side in oil.
- Transfer to chicken plate.
- Reduce heat and add shallots on low, stir constantly, 1 minute.
- Add vermouth and cook 30 seconds, add cream and half of tarragon.
- Return chicken to pan and adjust heat to gentle simmer.
- Cover and cook until chicken is firm, no pink.
- Transfer chicken to warm serving platter or plates.
- Stir in sauce the remaining tarragon, lemon, and salt and pepper.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Pour over chicken right away and serve with buttered egg noodles.
- This recipe is a great addition to your weekly menu.