- Terri McKibbon
Serves/Makes:3 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fusilli pasta, cooked
- 4 large leaves red leaf lettuce
- 8 or more kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Red Chile Pesto:
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) pine nuts
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) parmasean cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cilantro
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh basil
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) chile caribe (crushed red chillies)
- 1 tsp (5 ml). ground cumin
- 1 cup (225 ml) olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Puree all ingredients for pesto except oil in food processor.
- Slowly add oil until thick.
- Toss with pasta, olives and yellow bell pepper.
- Serve each dish with red leaf lettuce at bottom of dish topped by pasta salad.