- Fried Bananas
- Angela Creighton
- 1 cup (225 ml) sifted flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 6 medium firm, ripe bananas
- Oil for frying
- Confectioners' sugar for garnish
- Into a small bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another small bowl, beat eggs, milk and oil together with a rotary beater or whisk.
- Combine liquid ingredients with dry ingredients; stir until all flour is moistened.
- Slice bananas in half lengthwise; dip into batter using fingers. Drain any excess batter.
- Drop bananas into at least 2 inches hot oil (375 degrees (200 C.) on deep frying thermometer) in a deep skillet or deep-fat fryer.
- Fry a few at a time, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately, sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.