- A great vegetable side dish
- N. Chokel
- 6 cups (1425 ml) sliced yellow squash
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter, melted
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bread crumbs
- Place squash in a glass bowl, cover with plastic and cook in microwave for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix mayo, melted butter, egg and 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine with squash and onions, pour into lightly greased 2 quarts (1900 ml) casserole.
- Mix 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter with 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar and bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 20 minutes.
- This dish gets raves everytime! Excellent day of dinner and as leftovers. This dish want last very long!