Dana's Cornbread Casserole
- A meat and potato dish topped with cornbread
- Dana Chinakos
Serves/Makes:4 with leftovers
- 1 lb (.5 kg). hamburger, browned and drained
- 1 can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 small bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 Jiffy cornbread mix, prepared as directed
- In 9x9 inch pan mix hamburger, soups and vegetables (add enough of each to fill pan and suit tastes).
- Cover with cornbread mixture, spreading to edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 30 minutes, or until cornbread is cooked through at center.
- Created during our poorer days, when my son wouldn't eat either his veggies or hamburger. This dish tricked him into eating both since all he noticed was the sweet cornbread!