- Vadalia Onion Cookbook
- 1 cup (225 ml) Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 2 cups (475 ml) Vidalia Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- dash of pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Mix Ritz cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Press into 8 inch pie plate.
- Saute onions with 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter until clear, not brown.
- Beat eggs with milk, salt, pepper and pour over onions.
- Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 minutes or until firm in the center.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
- Great recipe.
Make it often.