- Terri McKibbon
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fettucine
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) diced onion
- 2 tsp (10 ml). chopped garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb (.5 kg). chicken breast, boned and diced
- 8 oz (224 grm). portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- 3 cups (700 ml) tomato sauce (your choice)
- 1 cup (225 ml) 18% or light cream
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook noodles; drain.
- Heat oil; add onion and garlic and saute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and mushrooms: sear, then deglaze pan.
- With white wine, stir to remove bits from bottom of pan.
- Add tomato sauce and cream.
- Simmer and reduce to half.
- Toss with noodles and add parmesaen cheese before serving.
- I came across this recipe a few years ago. This is one of the best pasta dishes I have had to date.