Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable, corn or canola oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) honey
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vinegar(preferably balsamic)
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). garlic powder
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). ground ginger
- 1 2 lb (.9 kg). London broil
- Put steak into a rubbermaid or Tupperware container in which the steak will fit and have enough room for the marinade--container must have a cover.
- Mix all other ingredients together; stir with a whisk until everything is blended.
- Poke holes in the steak with a fork; pour marinade over the steak.
- Turning every 6 hours or so, let marinade for 2 days.
- Grill or broil to liking.
- I usually make a double batch, then I use the marinade as a gravy and thicken it. To thicken, add flour to cold marinade in a pot and then heat up ,gradually adding flour to desired consistencey. The london broil is really tender that's if you do not cook to well done.