Minty Vegetarian Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolatey minty muffins
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) of unbleached white flour
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). of Cocoa powder
- 3 tsp (15 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) plus a tbsp. unsweetend applesauce
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) of chocolate soy beverage
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) to 1 tsp (5 ml). mint extract
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) or a little less chocolate chips (carob chips may be used instead)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- In medium bowl mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In small bowl mix oil, applesauce, soy beverage and mint extract.
- Add liquid ingredients all at once to dry ingredients just until moist being careful not to over beat.
- Add chocolate chips, fold in gently.
- Pour into paper lined muffin tins
- Bake for about 18 minutes
- I invented this for my son who is Vegetarian and loves the taste of mint and chocolate. It is quite a delicious muffin and good for you too!!!!