Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
- Just Chocolate Recipes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 12 oz (336 grm). chocolate chips, semi-sweet or milk chocolate...your preference
- parafin wax ( about 1/4 of a bar) use grater to make fine pieces for easier melting
- In a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl, microwave margarine and brown sugar on full power for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, or until brown sugar is melted.
- Stir in powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Shape by tspfuls into egg shapes with a flat bottom; chill.
- Melt chocolate chips and grated parafin wax in microwave about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Dip chilled eggs into chocolate and place on wax-paper lined cookie sheets.
- Transfer to refrigerator to cool.
- These are not shaped like a whole egg but are oval and flat on top and bottom like Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs.