- Terri McKibbon
- 12 9 inch tortillas
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). oil
- 1 minced onion
- 2 chopped red chili peppers
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can pinto beans, drained and mashed
- 1 cup (225 ml) bottled thick and chunky salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- Cut tortillas into quarters, and cut each into triangles.
- Heat 2 tbsp (30 ml). oil in pan, and cook triangles 30 seconds.
- Cook each side and remove and drain on paper towels.
- Heat oil in pan on medium heat, add garlic and chili peppers; cook until tender.
- Stir in beans, salsa, and cilantro.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Spread topping onto triangles, add cheese, and cook 1 minute under broiler, just until cheese melts.
- Triangles can also be cooked in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 5 minutes, add topping, add cheese and cook until melted, instead of using oil.
This is great for parties or snacks.