- Terri McKibbon
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 8 oz (224 grm). small, sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). fresh basil, chopped
- 16 oz (448 grm). can tomatoes with liquid, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tomato paste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). chopped fresh oregano
- 4 cups (950 ml) water
- 1 lb (.5 kg). dried fettuccine
- grated parmesan cheese, optional
- Heat oil in heavy pan, add onion and cook until soft.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add meat and cook on high 5 minutes until browned.
- Add mushrooms, basil, tomatoes, paste, oregano, and water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook uncovered 1 1/2 hours, or until thick.
- Cook noodles and add sauce.
- Sprinkle parmasean cheese as garnish (optional).
- We enjoy this meal every week.