Mandarin Plum Chicken Bites
- Terri McKibbon
- 1 can dole chunk pineapple chunks
- 2 whole skinless, bonelss, chicken breasts
- 1 cup (225 ml) plum jam, melted
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). dry sherry
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). ground ginger
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cornstarch
- 1 red and green bell pepper
- 1 onion, cut into 1 to 1 inch pieces
- Drain pineapple chunks, and cut chicken into chunks, about 40 bite size pieces.
- Place in plastic bag.
- In small bowl add all ingredients (except cornstarch and peppers) and whisk.
- Add to bag and seal.
- Marinate 2 hours.
- Drain sauce into pan, add cornstarch and cook on medium heat until thickened.
- Cut peppers into 40 pieces about 1 to 2 inches square.
- Arrange chicken, peppers, onions, and pineapple onto skewers.
- Arrange on broiler pan and baste with sauce.
- Broil 4 inches from heat for about 10 minutes.
- Baste with warm sauce before serving.