Carrot-Pumkin Bars With Orange Icing
- Terri McK
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml). shredded orange peel
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) canned pumkin (Libby's)
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded carrots
- 1 cup (225 ml) walnuts, chopped
- orange icing (see recipe)
- walnut halves-garnish
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sifted powdered sugar
- 2 or 3 tbs (45 ml) orange liqueur or orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl combine flour, orange peel, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl combine eggs and sugar.
- Stir in pumpkin, oil, milk, and vanilla
- Stir in shredded carrots and walnuts.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture stirring with wooden spoon.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 25 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Orange Icing:
- In mixing bowl add sugar and enough liqueur to make easy for drizzling over cooled bars.
- Spread icing and cut into triangle bars.
- Garnish with half of a walnut for each bar.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- This has a wonderful flavour and is great for all occasions.