- A marinade for chicken or beef.
Serves/Makes:1 batch marinade
- 1 cup (225 ml) soy sauce
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) light brown sugar
- 3 or more cloves garlic, crushed (depending on your taste)
- 2 stalks of celery, juice only (DO NOT OMIT THIS)
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (can be omitted)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable or peanut oil
- For Glaze:
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) water
- Mix all but oil together.
- Bring to boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add oil.
- Cool completely.
- Pour over chicken or thinly sliced flank steak and marinate for several hours or overnight (You may wish to keep some of the liquid separate from the meat for dipping).
- You can add 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch with 1 tbsp (15 ml) water to the cooled liquid, bring to boil stirring constantly til thickened slightly and use as a dip, or glaze, etcetera.