Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Serves/Makes:3 1/2 cups
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted* and deseeded
- 2 15 oz (420 grm). cans of garbanzo beans, drained
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) tahini
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 4 tsp (20 ml). ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml). salt
- 2 lg. cloves of garlic
- sliced black olives for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until a smooth paste.
- Thin with 2 tbsp (30 ml) to 6 tbsp (90 ml) of water if too thick.
- Serve with pita bread wedges.
- * To roast peppers, place on a gas range or outdoor grill. Rotate occasionally until black on all sides. Place pepper in a paper bag, close & let sit for 10 minutes. Peel off blackened skin. Do not run pepper under water - the flavor is in the juices.