- A healthy, tasty soup with lots of broth
- Allen M
Serves/Makes:4 as a main dish
- 1 lb (.5 kg). chicken breast, cubed or cut into short strips
- 2 cups (475 ml) broccoli, sliced in thin stalks
- 1 cup (225 ml) celery, sliced
- 2 cups (475 ml) napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon grass stalk, minced (or substitute garlic)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sesame oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- 6 cups (1425 ml) chicken broth (more or less depending on how much broth you want)
- Mix ginger, lemon grass, Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, and wine with chicken. Set aside for at least 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put a bit of vegetable oil in a well-seasoned or non-stick wok. Bring to high heat.
- Stir fry the broccoli and celery until slightly tender.
- Add chicken and sauces, and cook until chicken is just done, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth and cilantro. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cabbage, simmer for 5 minutes, and serve.