Italian Pork Chops with Kale
- Kale worked in with Pork Chops as a main dish.
- S. Chokel via Internet Surfing
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). kale
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 large peeled clove garlic
- 4 thick pork chops
- 2 tsp (10 ml) fennel
- 1 cup (225 ml) hot water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) tomato paste
- Soak kale and rinse it vigorously.
- Simmer kale for 20 minutes with salt in large pot.
- While kale is cooking, heat oil in large fry pan.
- Add garlic to pan and cook for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Add pork chops and saute for 5 minutes on each side.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and fennel seed.
- Dissolve tomato paste in hot water and add.
- Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce to kale.
- Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- The originator of this recipe indicated that the fennel seed is key and don't omit or substitue. Also, they use the whole small can of tomato paste and not just a tablespoon as the recipe directs.