- Delicious. Seriously delicious. Add nutrition and tons of flavor to your menu and diet!
- S. Chokel
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 bunch kale washed and chopped
- 1 bunch spinach washed and chopped
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). balsamic vinegar
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook red bell pepper, garlic and kale about 5 minutes, covered.
- Add spinach, salt and black pepper, and cook about 5 minutes more.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar.
- Serve hot.
- From: Food Network website at http://www.foodtv.com/recipes
Prior to finding this recipe, I made Kale without the tasty accompaniment of the red pepper and spinach, in this manner. I added a pinch of sugar, used a good quality Balsamic Vinegar. It was scrumpitous. This is an excellent recipe for a very nutritious side dish! I might recommend adding some chopped toasted pecans and maybe add a slivered green apple for a dramatic and delicious added touch.