- A winner from toddler to senior citizens for flavor and ease of making!
Serves/Makes:2 dozen approx.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 stick of butter or oleo
- 35 dates, cut up (about 1/2 lb (.2 kg).)
- 2 cups (475 ml) Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped nuts
- shredded coconut or dipping chocolate
- Cook the egg, sugar, and butter over medium high heat in a heavy saucepan for about 5-7 minutes. Everything should be well blended, dissolved, and starting to be thickened.
- Add the Rice Krispies and the chopped nuts.
- Form into balls.
- Roll in shredded coconut or chill and dip in chocolate.
- Place on waxed paper.
- For adult use only, I like to add liqueurs or a liqour these no-bake cookies, try rum or brandy with this one, and bourbon whiskey isn't too bad either!