Basic Garam Masala Spice Mixture
- The basic spice for foods from India and the region. Easy and cheap to make at home!
- S. Chokel
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) ground coriander seeds
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) ground cardamon
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground bay leaf
- Combine the spices thoroughly in a small bowl.
- Store in a clean tightly sealing jar, away from heat and light.
- This is an excellent spice to blend with oil for a great chicken marinade or add it to a cream cheese/sour cream mixture with thawed drained chopped spinach to dip bread or pita triangles in. (Look for recipe for Spicy Garam Masala listed too!)