- 8 oz (224 grm). rough puff pastry
- 2 oz (56 grm). organic butter
- 4 oz (112 grm). organic currants
- 2 oz (56 grm). mixed peel
- 2 oz (56 grm). organic soft brown sugar
- Roll pastry out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into rounds 4 inches in diameter.
- Warm the butter in a saucepan and mix into it the sugar, currants and peel.
- Place a tspful of this mixture into the center of each pastry round.
- Dampen the edges of the pastry.
- Press the edges together sealing in the currants etc.
- Place upside down on a greased baking tray and press them down a little.
- Make three small cuts across the centre of each cake.
- Brush with water and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees (225 C.) for 20 minutes.
- From 2001 The Green Chronicle website. If you search at www.google.com you will find more recipes for Eccles Cake.