- Bread pudding that you bake and serve warm with half and half
- helen b
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 6 slices bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cocoa
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 egg whites
- half and half
- Scald milk.
- Remove from heat and add bread; beat until smooth.
- Add sugar, cocoa and egg yolks.
- Beat until well blended.
- Add butter and vanilla.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold into mixture.
- Pour in buttered dish and set in a pan of hot water.
- Bake until firm at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 40 minutes.
- Serve warm with half and half.
- This is my husband's favorite receipe. It was his Grandmother's Recipe. He loves it so much, he eats the whole pan. Enjoy.