- Terri Mck
- 4 cups (950 ml) cake flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 oz (56 grm). cold butter
- 2 oz (56 grm). vegetable shortening
- 1 oz (28 grm). cold refined lard
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cold milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cut lard and butter into dry mixture.
- Stir in milk quickly, about 10 strokes.
- Knead dough on floured surface, 10 strokes back and forth.
- Push dough out rolling to a 3 inch thickness.
- Use floured biscuit cutter to cut.
- Place close together on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- These wonderful baked goods just keep rising and rising.
For some zip add 1 1/2 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese when adding milk.
Sprinkle cheese on each before baking.