Pork Chops with Mustard Cream Sauce
- Terri McK
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 4 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) shallots minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) brandy
- 1 cup (225 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Dijon mustard
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 ml) mixed chopped herbs (parsley,tarragon and/or chervil, chives)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- cooked potatoes, egg noodles, or rice
- Saute and brown each side of chops in olive oil; remove and keep warm.
- Discard oil in pan and wipe clean.
- Add butter to pan.
- Add shallots and garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add brandy being careful not to ignite.
- Add cream and mustard.
- Return to heat and increase heat to high.
- Bring to boil then reduce to low heat.
- Add chops to sauce and the juices.
- Simmer 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn chops over once.
- Serve with potatoes, egg noodles, or rice.
- Excellent dish.