- Hot Asian Chili Sauce
- MsTified via RecipeCenter.com
- 2 medium sized nicely ripened tomatoes
- 3 to 6 fresh hot red or green chilies
- 3 shallots, peeled
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt, or to taste
- Using tongs, hold tomatoes over an open flame, one at a time, until slightly charred.
- Brown chilies and shallots in the same way.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients.
- As annoying as RecipeCenter.com is, it really does have a lot of unusual recipes. Check it out for many more Sambal (Chile Sauce) recipes at RecipeCenter.com, search: Sambal