- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can of garbanzo beans
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) tahini (sesame seed paste)
- a little water(for desired consistency)
- salt to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil to top
- paprika, optional
- pita bread
- Drain garbanzo beans and place in food processor.
- Add garlic, lemon juice and tahini paste.
- Process until smooth.
- If too thick add a little bit of water at a time until you reach the consistency you like.
- Salt to taste.
- With the bowl of a tsp, make a swirled indentation and "float the olive oil on top.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- Serve with warm pita bread.
- I was married to someone from Lebanon and this is the recipe that I learned.