- 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- MsTified via Suzanne Somers "Eat, Cheat & Melt the Fat Away"
Serves/Makes:1 1-1/2 pound Loaf
- 5 cups (1175 ml) whole wheat bread flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) nonfat dried milk powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) active dry yeast
- Mix together flour and salt in bowl; set aside.
- In a saucepan whisk together water and milk powder.
- Stir in the yogurt.
- Using an instant-read thermometer, heat mixture to 80 degrees (25 C.) over low heat.
- Place all ingredients in a bread machine, following manufacturer's guidelines.
- Bake using the whole wheat cycle.
- Whole wheat bread flour is best because of the high gluten content. If you can't find it, use whole wheat pastry flour.