- 1 package active dry yeast, or equivalent
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) warm water
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- Dissolve yeast in water.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Knead on a floured surface until smooth (about 5 minutes).
- Divide into six balls and knead each until smooth and elastic.
- Flatten each to 1/4" thick and 4-5 inches in diameter.
- Cover with a damp towel and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Place upside down on a cookie sheet and bake at 500 degrees (250 C.) for 10-15 minutes, until light brown.
- These work well with whole-wheat flour too.