Busy Day Chocolate Cake w/ Frosting
Serves/Makes:1 sheet cake
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 6 tbsp (90 ml). cocoa
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (475 ml) cold water
- 2 tsp (10 ml). vanilla
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). vinegar
- 3 cups (700 ml) powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). cocoa
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) to 3 tbsp (45 ml). evaporated milk
- 1 square margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and blend with a large spoon (don't use a beater).
- Pour into large greased cookie sheet (17x11x1) and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Beat with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- Add milk as needed to get fluffy consistency.
- This recipe I didn't make up, I got it from my mother and who knows where she got it, but it's yum nummy and thought everyone would enjoy!