Chicken Tetrazzini Deluxe
- Family Recipe
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). package of Vermicelli, uncooked
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1 10-1/2 oz (294 grm). can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 10-1/2 oz (294 grm). can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 4 cups (950 ml) cubed, cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small can chopped or sliced black olives, drained
- 1 small jar green olives, drained
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). black pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- Break vermicelli into halves; prepare according to package directions and drain.
- In large pan, saute mushrooms and onion in melted butter until tender.
- Stir in soup and water.
- Cook and stir until blended.
- Stir in chicken and cheddar cheese until cheese melts and blends.
- Stir in vermicelli, olives, and salt.
- Pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Top with parmesan cheese and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for approximately 45 minutes.