- Meatloaf with a kick
- Grandma Manzer
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). ground beef or turkey
- 2 cups (475 ml) bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) catsup
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) horseradish sause
- 1 cup (225 ml) minced onion
- tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef and eggs.
- Gradually add bread crumbs, mixing well.
- Add horseradish sauce, catsup, and onions mixing well.
- Place equal amounts of the mixture in 2 loaf pans.
- Top with tomato sauce.
- Bake in oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- This recipe has been in my family for many generations, my mother taught me how to make this special meat loaf and some day I hope to teach my daughter.