Ronnie Lingle's World Famous Chili
- Chili that you may have read about, very good and easy to make.
Serves/Makes:1 crock pot full
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 32 oz (896 grm). kidney beans
- 32 oz (896 grm). stewed tomatoes
- 16 oz (448 grm). tomato sauce
- 12 oz (336 grm). mushrooms,sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 to 4 diced hot pepper (1-mild chili, 4-hot chili)
- 1 pkg. chili seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt.
- 1 tsp (5 ml). chili powder
- 2 beef boulion cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). vinegar (share this ingredient only with closest friends)
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thin, optional
- grated cheese, optional
- Brown ground beef, onion, mushrooms, and bell pepper.
- Add all ingredients into crock pot.
- Cook all day. or cook in pot of stovetop for approx. 1 hr. (better cooked slow or re-heated).
- Serve topped with grated cheese, if desired.
- I made chili in collage once a week for 3 years. I tried many different variations.... this is one that is quick and easy and always gets raves.