- Simple, tasty, do-ahead salad.
- Ruth T.
Serves/Makes:10 or more
- 2 8.5 oz (238 grm). bags pre-cut cole slaw mix
- 2 3 oz (84 grm). packages beef Top Ramen, crushed (save seasoning packets for dressing)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) sunflower seeds
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) white vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, chopped (optional)
- lettuce leaves, optional garnish
- Combine oil, vinegar, sugar and seasoning packets for dressing; set aside.
- Mix cole slaw mix, crushed Top Ramen, green onions, sunflower seeds, almonds and chicken (if using).
- Add dressing and mix well.
- Chill overnight for flavors to blend and ramen noodles to soften.
- When serving, line bowl with lettuce leaves and fill center with Asian Salad.
- Almonds and sunflower seeds may be added at time of serving if you prefer them crisp.
I have tried other flavors of ramen but do not like them as well as beef.
A favorite and often requested recipe.