- An old family recipe, a meal in itself
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). ground beef
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz (420 grm). cans corn
- 2 15 oz (420 grm). cans creamed corn
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil chicken in 3 cups (700 ml) of water and salt to taste (best if do night before while making other dinner); let cool.
- Keep broth.
- Brown beef in large pot; drain fat.
- Add chopped bell pepper and chopped onion and cook until tender.
- Add chicken broth.
- Debone and remove skin from chicken, chop and add.
- Add can of tomatoes.
- Add all 4 cans of corn.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring stew to boil then turn down and let cook at least one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Great with corn bread.