Dry Fried Shrimps with Tomatoes
- 8 large shrimp
- 2 green onions
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) broth (or water, or wine)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sherry (or sherry cooking wine)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 4 medium tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) tabasco sauce
- cooked fettucini noodles
- Clean and devein shrimp, dry.
- Chop green onions into 1 inch segments and mix together with broth, soy sauce and sherry.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Add chopped onions and garlic, and stir fry 25 seconds over high heat.
- Add shrimp; sprinkle with salt and stir fry 30 seconds.
- Add skinned and chopped tomatoes and stir fry one minute.
- Add broth/soy mixture and continue to stir fry 1 minute more.
- Add tomato sauce and tabasco.
- Serve over hot fettucine noodles.
- This is good with or without the shrimp. Easy to make and delicious. Has Asian/Italian feel. Great low fat meal. May also be served over rice instead of noodles.