Serves/Makes:1 9 X 13 inch pan
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1 box dry yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coconut
- 1 can sliced apples or 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) sliced fresh apples
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 c, sour cream
- 1 t, cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks
- Cut butter into the cake mix as you would for a pie crust until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the coconut and pat lightly into an ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan, forming edges about 1/2 " up the sides of the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 10 minutes.
- For the topping, spread the apples in the pan while the crust is still warm.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over the apples.
- Mix sour cream and egg yolks and drizzle over the apples and sugar. This will not completely cover the apple layer.
- Bake in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 25 minutes, serve warm.
- My Mother used to make this for me as a child.