- Teri W.
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) white sugar
- 3-1/2 tbsp (50 ml) flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cream (I use 1/2 & 1/2)
- Butter size of a walnut (I use 1 tbsp)
- Nutmeg or cinnamon if you want (optional)
- Mix sugars, flour, and salt in pie shell with your finger (or you can use a fork).
- Add the cream.
- Finish filling with milk.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 15 minutes, then turn down to 350 degrees (175 C.) for 40 minutes.
- I don't know if this is what you are looking for or not...or if it is even close, but I think it might be. My Grandmother is 96 & also Pennsylvania Dutch. She used to make this quite often. I only recently re-discovered it when she gave me her old hand written recipe book!!!