Mint Chocolate Icebox Cake
- La Sante
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) instant coffee granules
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup (225 ml) pureed prunes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) peppermint extract
- 1 1 lb (.5 kg). box powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) boiling water
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups (475 ml) frozen reduced calorie whipped topping, thawed
- Combine flour, coffee granules and soda in bowl; stir well and set aside.
- Set aside 3/4 cup (175 ml) cocoa.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) cocoa, 2/3 cup (150 ml) prunes, cold water, salt, sugar, and extract.
- Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Add remaining 1/3 cup (80 ml) prunes, eggs, and reserved 3/4 cup (175 ml) cocoa to bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beat on slow speed until smooth.
- Stir in hot water.
- Spray vegetable cooking spray into 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Add batter to pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35-40 minutes.
- Fold whipped topping into reserved 3/4 cup (175 ml) cocoa; spread over cake.
- Cover and chill.
- Great recipe!!!!!!!
The coffee and prunes enhance the flavour of the devil's
Source: La sante gourmet Foods