- Pizza dough from scratch
Serves/Makes:1 Large or 2 round
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) + 3 tbsp (45 ml) warm water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour (more or less as needed if sticky)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml). active dry yeast
- cornmeal, optional
- Mix liquid ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Knead on floured surface.
- Let rest 15 minutes.
- Roll out dough.
- May sprinkle pan with cornmeal.
- Let rise 20-25 minutes.
- Add toppings and bake as you normally would.
- This is a bread machine recipe we use 'by hand' when we don't have time to let the bread machine do the work. (If you use this in the bread machine, it calls for only 1 1/2 tsp. bread machine/fast rise yeast.) You may use your yeast according to package directions, but we seem to do fine just adding it to the mixture. Sometimes I like to add a touch more yeast since I like the flavor:) Hope you enjoy it!
Try rolling out the crust so it's bigger than the pan, then divide up mozzarella sticks (into 2-3 pieces the long way) and rolling the extra crust over the cheese. Makes a delicious stuffed crust. We also like to spread melted butter over the outside crust and sprinkle with garlic sprinkle-- Cheese Breadsticks and pizza together! Even better than that big Pizza 'place'!