- Terri McK
- 8 tbsp (125 ml) butter
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). cream cheese, melted
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Tony's Chachere's Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) jalapenos sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) jalapeno juice from jar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) bread crumbs
- 1 lb (.5 kg). macaroni noodles, cooked and drained
- Melt butter then add cream cheese; mix well.
- Add cream and whisk, then add jalapeno juice.
- Mix in cheddar cheese, until melted; add peppers.
- Once peppers are added mix in Tony's seasoning and salt.
- Layer noodles on bottom of casserole dish.
- Spoon sauce over noodles and top with cheese, add bread crumbs last.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 minutes.
- This is a nice change to regular mac and cheese.