- Alternative for Banana Bread (Use up those ripe bananas)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margerine, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 2 med ripe bananas mashed (about 1 cup)
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in bananas.
- Spread into a greased 15X10X1 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and frost with cream cheese frosting.